Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My trip to the gym yesterday was quite the journey. I was to run 4.5 miles for my half marathon training. I had eaten a good breakfast and was ready for a good run on the treadmill. The Universe seemed to have another plan... I started to run, felt weak and dizzy which made no sense to me since I thought I had fueled my body well. I took some deep breaths and forced myself to continue. After two miles, I just had to run out to the car and grab a snack. So I walked mile three and now had cramps. I was getting very frustrated that my body was not happy so I stopped for a restroom break and was determined to finish. Came back out and was able to run my final 1.5 miles.

When I was finished I felt terrific and ready to take on anything. I was energized all day. I did stop and reflect that my morning was a great example of everyday life. Sometimes we hit so many bumps and roadblocks a long the way that we quit. I somehow stayed determined to get to the end and was greatly rewarded with tons of energy and positive emotions for the rest of the day. How often do you quit too soon? What would be possible if you didn't?

1 comment:

  1. hi sherry! love the blog! seen it when you sent me this month's column and had to check it out, as well as become a follower too! if you want, you can take a look at my blog and see what i do in my spare time - when i am actually not working on laying out the newspapers!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete